PDC & Hackathon
The Product Development Center as an initiative of "Make in India"was inaugurated by our
honorable chief guest Shri Pon Radhakrishnan, Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance and
Ministry of Shipping on 8/12/2018.
Product Development is a series of steps that includes the conceptualization, design,
development and marketing of newly created goods or services. This might be software or
hardware. The objective of product development is to cultivate innovative idea among
students,enable critical thinking, learning of technology related to their product and development
of prototype. The development product will get fund from funding agencies and angel investors.
- Industry Collaboration through signing MoU to analyse real world problems.
- Minimum 5 Products per Year based on the industry demand
- Minimum 5 ideas of our students should be converted into Business Model
- Win Hackathons
- Create a forum to learn technology and tools to ideate and innovate
- More copyrights for books
- At least two patent application per year.
- Conduct Hackthon to get ideas and prototype of our students as well as the students from
Activities Conducted @Product Development Center
- Skill Development Courses
- Startup , Innovation and Entrepreneur related Activities
- Smart India Hackathon
- IBM – Build-a-thon
- National Innovation Contest
- Periyar University – Innovator 1.0
- Tamil Nadu Student Innovators 2020
VegRouth Pvt Ltd joined with KGCAS as a Incubatee and Inaugurated
their start-up on