The 21st century has witnessed a drastic change due to globalization, today youth development and empowerment is the focus of almost all the countries. One of the important key factors of empowering the youth is the National Cadet Corps. British people created the ‘University Crops’ with an aim for a second line of defense during the First World War. These university corps become trained youth available for employment into the armed forces. In India National Cadet Corps (NCC) plan to raise before independence. But it came into force only after independence on 16th April 1948, through XXXI Act of parliament and it was formally inaugurated on 15th July 1948.
- To develop the Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Secular outlook, Spirit of Adventure, Sportsmanship and ideals of selfless service among the youth of the Country.
- To create a Human Resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available for the service of the Nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Empower Volunteer youth to become Potential Leaders and responsible citizens of the Country.
To develop leadership and Character Qualities, mould discipline and nurture social cohesion through multi-faceted programmes conducted in a Military environment.
- To train volunteer youth to become confident, committed and competent leaders in all walks of life.
- To enhance the awareness level of cadets for being responsible citizens of the country. Provide opportunities and encourage cadets to enhance their knowledge / awareness levels on life / soft / communication skills, character building / personality development.
- Conduct activities to provide value based contributions towards society in terms of social and community development.
- Undertake adventure activities for development of leadership qualities and risk taking abilities.
- Provide a platform to launch “good-will ambassadors” cadets to project the image of the country overseas.
- Provide an environment to motivate cadets to join the armed forces as a career.
2(TN) BN NCC – CareTaker
- Mr. T JAGAN M.Sc. MPhil., (PhD)