PEOs | PSOs | POs
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 – To provide students to gain knowledge about the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- PEO2 – To impart active learning principles and encourage students to pursue active learning principles in other fields (clinical, education, research, human resources, etc.).
- PEO3 –To give comprehensive training to understand and apply various inquiry skills and integrate research and scholarly activities into their academic and career development.
- PEO4 – To demonstrate an effective communication skill with a professional convention in psychology to facilitating optimal human functioning.
- PEO5 – To support students to cultivate skills to integrating scientific principles and knowledge with professional practice to more effectively address the needs of individuals, families, groups, and society.
Program-Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
After successful completion of the programme, accomplishments that graduates are anticipated to achieve:
- PSO1 – Students will be able to understand the theories, major concepts and underpinning mechanisms, which explain human thought and behaviour pertain to specific and larger context.
- PSO2 – Students will also be well-versed in conceptualizing the issues, evolving appropriate techniques / strategies, monitoring the progress and outcomes across the different work settings (clinical, education, research, human resources, etc).
- PSO3 – Students are able to comprehend and apply basic research methods in psychology to conduct, adopt appropriate design, analysis data, and interpretation.
- PSO4 – Students will be able to well articulate the implications of evidence-based practice to facilitate the functioning of the individual, group and the community.
- PSO5 – Students will be able to locate, evaluate, and apply psychological information that strengthen the individual, group, community and build public policies.
Program Outcomes (POs)
On successful completion of B.Sc. Psychology programme, graduates will be able to
- PSO1 – Demonstrate substantial knowledge and competence in the extensiveness in the field of psychology.
- PSO2 – Understand psychology as an applied discipline and recognize the unique features of the methods in psychology and its place in the broader field of scientific studies.
- PSO3Develop as an effective trainer, consultant, therapist, and a collaborator to build an advanced competence in the work system.
- PSO4 – Exhibit the ability to appreciate the values of others cultures, values, and background, follow the ethics, and work constructively with the team as a professional.
- PSO5 – Acquire a specific skill and content, will high self-reflective, and create a meaningful professional direction for the life.